Saturday 13th July 2019
Blackledge Theatre, Godolphin School, Milford Hill, Salisbury
£10 in advance, £12.50 on the door
On March 9th we took part in a truly memorable evening:
The concert, held in St.Mark’s Church, Salisbury, was to remember & celebrate the contribution made by our highly talented organist and accompanist, David Coram
Salisbury Community Choir is a thriving amateur choir with over 150 members
The choir sings for the sheer love of it, but also challenges itself to develop up to and beyond its potential. The choir is non auditioned, some members read music and some do not. The mixture works and with patient encouragement from Jeremy, our fantastic Musical Director, the choir achieves amazing performance successes, whilst having a lot of fun along the way!
We are ambitious and adventurous musically, commissioning new works and organising and performing in both small and large scale concerts all over the UK. We regularly tour abroad, mainly to Europe, but have adventured further afield.
The SCC has a big heart and we have a real community focus, supporting each other and fundraising for a diverse range of charities, from Hospices to Homelessness.
If you love to sing, have a spirit of adventure and would like to be part of our community why not come and try us out!
The SCC thrives on the variety of the music it sings, from choral classics to classic pop!
Recent repertoire includes:
- Alexander L’Estrange & Joanna Forbes-L’Estrange: Freedom! – The Power of Song (SCC commission)
- Will Todd: The City Garden (SCC commission)
- Bob Chilcott: The Salisbury Vespers (SCC joint commission)
- Folk based songs and arrangements from Percy Grainger, Philip Lawson and Jonathan Rathbone, Will Todd and many more.
- Faure: Requiem and Cantique de Jean Racine
- Compilations from: Oklahoma, My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Les Miserables, ABBA and many others
- Vivaldi: Gloria
- An extensive variety of carols and Christmas music.