Music for Malta
|We’re off to Malta at the end of October where we’ll be singing in the Basilica in Valetta. We’re inviting all our friends and supporters to join us for a joyful evening to hear the music we’ll be singing and to share some food and wine.|
Saturday 12th October 2019
St Francis Church, Beatrice Road, Salisbury
|On a glorious summer evening in July we held our uplifting concert of light-hearted tunes. Compilations of Abba, The Beatles, James Bond themes and The Carpenters were just a few of the tunes we sang. The theatre terrace was the ideal place for wine in the interval. Truly an evening of summer delight. We raised £600 for our nominated charity SERV Wessex.|
Salisbury Community Choir is a thriving amateur choir with over 150 members
The choir sings for the sheer love of it, but also challenges itself to develop up to and beyond its potential. The choir is non auditioned, some members read music and some do not. The mixture works and with patient encouragement from Jeremy, our fantastic Musical Director, the choir achieves amazing performance successes, whilst having a lot of fun along the way!
We are ambitious and adventurous musically, commissioning new works and organising and performing in both small and large scale concerts all over the UK. We regularly tour abroad, mainly to Europe, but have adventured further afield.
The SCC has a big heart and we have a real community focus, supporting each other and fundraising for a diverse range of charities, from Hospices to Homelessness.
If you love to sing, have a spirit of adventure and would like to be part of our community why not come and try us out!
The SCC thrives on the variety of the music it sings, from choral classics to classic pop!
Recent repertoire includes:
- Alexander L’Estrange & Joanna Forbes-L’Estrange: Freedom! – The Power of Song (SCC commission)
- Martin Palmeri: Misa a Buenos Aires Misatango
- Will Todd: The City Garden (SCC commission)
- Bob Chilcott: The Salisbury Vespers (SCC joint commission)
- Medleys of music from The Beatles, The Carpenters, James Bond and Gershwin
- Faure: Requiem and Cantique de Jean Racine
- Compilations from: Oklahoma, My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Les Miserables, ABBA and many others
- Vivaldi: Gloria
- An extensive variety of carols and Christmas music.