Due to current situation with coronavirus the choir is unable to meet, rehearse or put on any concerts. Please continue to check our website for any updates. We look forward to singing for you again as soon as it is possible to do so.
On 12 October a ‘full house’ listened appreciatively to the music the choir will be singing on its forthcoming trip to Malta. Among the highlights were Mozart’s ‘Ave verum corpus’, Ward Swingle’s ‘Give us this day’ whose message to ‘cherish the earth before it dies’ is increasingly relevant and the deeply moving choral suite from Karl Jenkins ‘Armed Man’. The concert ended with a rousing performance of the Hallelujah Chorus.
Our audience then joined us for refreshments and a good time was had by all.
We are also proud that £652 was raised for The Salisbury & District Talking Newspaper Association.
Salisbury Community Choir is a thriving amateur choir with over 150 members
The choir sings for the sheer love of it, but also challenges itself to develop up to and beyond its potential. The choir is non auditioned, some members read music and some do not. The mixture works and with patient encouragement from Jeremy, our fantastic Musical Director, the choir achieves amazing performance successes, whilst having a lot of fun along the way!
We are ambitious and adventurous musically, commissioning new works and organising and performing in both small and large scale concerts all over the UK. We regularly tour abroad, mainly to Europe, but have adventured further afield.
The SCC has a big heart and we have a real community focus, supporting each other and fundraising for a diverse range of charities, from Hospices to Homelessness.
If you love to sing, have a spirit of adventure and would like to be part of our community why not come and try us out!
The SCC thrives on the variety of the music it sings, from choral classics to classic pop!
Recent repertoire includes:
- Alexander L’Estrange & Joanna Forbes-L’Estrange: Freedom! – The Power of Song (SCC commission)
- Martin Palmeri: Misa a Buenos Aires Misatango
- Will Todd: The City Garden (SCC commission)
- Bob Chilcott: The Salisbury Vespers (SCC joint commission)
- Medleys of music from The Beatles, The Carpenters, James Bond and Gershwin
- Faure: Requiem and Cantique de Jean Racine
- Compilations from: Oklahoma, My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Les Miserables, ABBA and many others
- Vivaldi: Gloria
- An extensive variety of carols and Christmas music.